Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- About us
- Contact us
There are no hidden costs for you or your tenant and we include the property inventory and bond registration in our costs.
Our main service costs include:
Our tenant find service costs £180 (inc VAT) and includes:
- advertising the property on Rightmove, Thirteen website and social media
- carrying out the application process: obtain references, credit checks and affordability assessments
- conducting viewings
- collecting deposits and rent payments
- preparing tenancy agreements and inventories.
Tenant find and sign-up
Our tenant find and sign-up service costs £240 (inc VAT) and includes all the elements in the tenant find service as above, plus:
- carrying out the sign-up at the property
- going through the inventory with the new tenant
- setting up an appropriate payment method (we recommend direct debit)
- handing over keys.
Full housing management service
The full housing management service costs 12% of the rental value plus the £240 (inc VAT) tenant find and sign-up fee (if required).
This service includes all of the above elements if needed, plus:
- property inspection every six months
- dealing with rent arrears
- deposit managed through the Deposit Protection Scheme
- arranging repairs – we operate a 24/7 call-out service - we contact you for approval for repairs over £200
- being the point of contact for tenant queries or complaints
- ensuring all tenancy agreements are renewed where applicable
- final property inspection and inventory completed when your tenant leaves.
Before accepting properties, we carry out an inspection to give you a rental cost and determine if your property meets safety regulations. This pre-inspection is charged separately at £40 and will be deducted from the overall cost if you choose one of our services.
Additional services which need to be carried out as a legal requirement include:
- Gas safety check with certificate
- Electrical safety check with certificate
- Energy Performance Certificate.
For more details on our service, find our contacts on the private landlord webpage.