Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Letting agent
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- Contact us
You can find out more about some of the people we have helped.
If you’d like to speak to one of our advisors, please contact us using the form on this page.
Just the job for Jaclyn
Jaclyn heard about New Directions through a family member working for Thirteen and signed up to the service in 2016. Within five weeks her Caseworker had supported her into a full-time business administration apprenticeship by:
- updating her CV – re-designing it to better showcase her skills and experience
- helping with job searching for business administration roles
- working 1-1 with her to complete application forms
- helping her with interview skills
This support resulted in Jaclyn successfully landing a business administration apprenticeship for Vistech Uk and she is thoroughly enjoying her new role.
Sophie takes a new direction
Sophie was referred to New Directions by Thorntree Job Centre.
Sophie explained she was interested in completing a course which would lead to a job, but that she didn't have the funding for her DBS check. The New Directions caseworker began working with Sophie and supported her to apply for her DBS which meant that Sophie was able to start the two week training course in September 2016.
Sophie was then offered employment as a domiciliary carer with Comfort Care after she finished the course. New Directions also provided Sophie with funding for work shoes and bus travel for the first week of employment.
Free support for Stephen
New Directions customer Steven has received amazing support from our free service.
Steven joined New Directions in May 2016 after hearing about our service via our Facebook page. He had been unemployed for over six months and has Dyspraxia. He has never let this be a barrier to work and he’s a firm believer that it shouldn’t be a barrier to work for others either. In just five weeks, Steven’s caseworker at New Directions helped him to secure employment as a gardener for Wolviston Gardening by:
- tailoring his CVs and applications for sector specific roles
- helping with job searching
- providing support with interview skills and tailoring answers
- helping him to recognise his strengths and boost his confidence
- referring him to an awareness session for local sales and retail roles.
Steven’s first job was a temporary position but following the end of this role, New Directions supported him into part-time work at Morrisons. He also started a new role within Stockton Council.
Steven said: “Believe in yourself, always be willing to try something new. At least you can say you’ve tried, what’s the worst that can happen?
“New Directions is a great service and I would recommend to others. I feel they have really helped me into work.”