Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
The work will continue for four to six months and will be carried out by contractors Ventro and OmniZone. You can find out more on the contractor's website, but as a summary:
This work involves installing sprinkler heads in all flats and the communal spaces. The system will be connected to a new water storage tank and pumping facilities which will be specially installed for the sprinkler system.
The sprinkler heads will be finished with a white cover plate and all pipework will be concealed behind boxing or within ceilings where possible. The sprinkler system is activated by heat only.
Work in flats
Work within the flats will generally take between two to three days and will initially involve joiners installing timbers to support the pipework and boxing.
The joiners will be followed by the sprinkler installers who will install the pipework, sprinkler heads and test the pipework.
The joiners will then complete the work by installing boxing to conceal all pipework and install cover plates to the sprinkler heads.
If you live in Prior Court, members of staff from Thirteen and the contractors will keep you up-to-date throughout the installation process. You can also expect staff to be thoughtful and considerate, and we’ll take particular care to meet the needs of residents who may have special requirements.
We’ll explain what the work involves before we start. Contractors will be polite, neat and tidy and will clear up any area of work properly once finished.
We also expect our staff to be treated with courtesy, using appropriate behaviour and language.
Please help us to minimise the time that we’ll need to be in your flat by:
- ensuring that any pets are locked away when staff are in your property
- give us a clear, clean area to work in
- make sure that children are kept at a safe distance and under-18s are supervised at all times.
Once this block is complete, where feasible we’ll look at rolling out sprinklers in our remaining high-rise blocks.
If you have any questions about the work in Prior Court, please speak to the team who are working on the installation. Alternatively talk to your neighbourhood co-ordinator by calling 0300 111 1000 or visit the Ventro project webpage.