Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
Find a home
Search properties for rent in the North East
Details for landlords
We can take on the management of your rental property. You can find more details on this page or by downloading this information leaflet.pdf
We can help you to:
- maximise your profits
- free-up your time to help you develop your business
- take the hassle out of managing your rental properties
- help keep your tenants living in your property for longer.
We have our own repairs and maintenance staff to carry out any work on your property, giving us quick access to qualified, expert tradespeople.
By allowing us to manage your rental property, you can tap into our extensive knowledge and experience in the housing market.
You can choose from our range of services – you can take up as many or as few as you like.
There are no hidden costs for you or your tenant and we include the property inventory and bond registration in our costs.
Our main service costs include:
1. Tenant find
Our tenant find service costs £180 (inc VAT) and includes:
- advertising the property on Rightmove, Thirteen website and social media
- carrying out the application process: obtain references, credit checks and affordability assessments
- conducting viewings
- collecting deposits and rent payments
- preparing tenancy agreements and inventories.
2. Tenant find and sign-up
Our tenant find and sign-up service costs £240 (inc VAT) and includes all the elements in the tenant find service as above, plus:
- carrying out the sign-up at the property
- going through the inventory with the new tenant
- setting up an appropriate payment method (we recommend direct debit)
- handing over keys.
3. Full housing management service
The full housing management service costs 12% of the rental value plus the £240 (inc VAT) tenant find and sign-up fee (if required).
This service includes all of the above elements if needed, plus:
- property inspection every six months
- dealing with rent arrears
- deposit paid into the Deposit Protection Scheme
- arranging for all emergency repairs – we operate a 24/7 call-out service
- contacting you for approval for all other repairs
- being the point of contact for your tenant to answer queries or complaints
- ensuring all tenancy agreements are renewed where applicable
- final property inspection when your tenant leaves.
Before accepting properties, we carry out an inspection to give you a rental cost and determine if your property meets safety regulations. This pre-inspection is charged separately at £40 and will be deducted from the overall cost if you choose one of our services.
Additional services which need to be carried out as a legal requirement include:
- Gas safety check with certificate
- Electrical safety check with certificate
- Energy Performance Certificate
If you’re a landlord who would like more details, please complete the form below. Alternatively, contact:
- tel: 01642 947860