Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
What is supported living?
Supported living offers the chance to live independently for longer with a helping hand if it’s needed.
Whatever your circumstances, there is a range of affordable housing options including extra care schemes, sheltered housing and housing to cater for complex needs. Accommodation and support is flexible and specially tailored to suit your requirements, whether it’s simply for a sense of security or assistance with daily tasks.
Schemes also benefit from full privacy while offering the chance to keep an active social life and remain in the heart of the community.
Thirteen manages a number of supported living schemes across the North East. Properties are available to rent, buy outright or purchase through shared ownership.
What does supported living offer?
With the benefit of your own space, supported living schemes offer flexibility and the freedom to come and go as you please. Self-contained one or two bedroom apartments or bungalows are available with a contemporary lounge, kitchen and bathroom.
Features can include:
- experienced, professional staff members to offer support through the application process and choose the right scheme for your needs
- full lift and wheelchair access throughout every complex
- CCTV and secure door entry systems
- an out-of-hours repairs service which can quickly respond to emergency repairs. Certain schemes also benefit from a part-time caretaker who looks after the maintenance of the scheme, including low-level repairs such as changing lightbulbs
- some properties benefit from level access showers
- regular social activities such as bingo, quizzes and games.
Rent and service charges will come as part of the accommodation package, including council tax, gas, electricity and water. Some of these charges will be payable to the landlord and some will be billed separately.
Relevant benefits may cover some of these costs.
You can find out more about our: