Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- Thirteen training
- Letting agent
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- Contact us
Since 2015, we have delivered apprenticeships in-house for some of our staff which we'll continue in the future.
Our programmes have been designed to ensure the best possible outcome for every learner by incorporating tailored support, excellent information, advice and guidance as well as high quality teaching, learning and assessment.
Our recent External Quality Assurance visit highlighted:
- the centre is well-organised
- staff are well qualified and committed to good support of learners
- assessment and IQA practice is very well managed and consistently applied
- resources are supportive and well-designed
- written feedback for the learners by both tutors is excellent
- staff work closely with the learners, using individualised learning and support
- reflective activities are very good and enable learners to identify their 'Wow' learning moments
- tasks are relevant and authentic, improving the skills of the learners.
From November 2015 we have delivered the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship with New College Durham.
This programme completed in March 2018 with 100% success rate. Feedback from apprentices included:
- “[My tutor] was really good and was good at supporting me in gathering a variety of evidence for my portfolio”
- “I gained full-time employment with my employer that put me through my apprenticeship and my tutor helped me to gain this”
- “I feel that I have gained skills for life”
We are delighted to offer the Housing and Property Management apprenticeship standards at Level 2 and Level 3 from September 2018.
We have developed a training structure and delivery model for these apprenticeships that is unique to the market, with regular teaching and learning delivered on and off the job, in the classroom and the workplace.
People will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to excel in their job roles with the opportunity to apply these skills and put knowledge into practice, benefitting learners, their company and the community.
As a leading provider of housing, we feel we are best placed to develop and deliver apprenticeships that link to our core business. We truly recognise talent and understand the skills and abilities needed to work in the sector and our programmes are supplemented by our own home-grown professionals as guest speakers sharing experiences and expertise.