Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- Contact us
The team works with prisoners in custody during their resettlement period to prepare for release from prison and help them to maximise the opportunities available to them.
The project focuses on issues such as accommodation, education, training and employment, finance, support for sex workers and victims of domestic violence.
We mainly work with people while they are in prison, but additional support can be offered in the community as required.
Accessing the scheme
People are referred to the project via the Durham Tees Valley Community Rehabilitation Company.
Moving on from the project
When people are ready to move on from the project, we work with people to make sure they can access the most appropriate services for them. This includes referring them to services such as Thirteen’s Key Step project, the New Directions team and other support in the community.
For more information about Through the Gate, please contact us.