Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
14 Mar 2017
This is the result of a Government intervention to reduce the rents charged by social landlords by 1% each year for four years starting from April 2016.
There are some exceptions to this which affect properties known as non-social rent products.
The reductions only apply to the basic property rent. Some households, typically those that access their homes via communal areas, are likely to have a service charge added to their basic rent and some of these will increase from April 2017 to cover the cost of services supplied.
- There are 28,046 social rent properties across Thirteen Group that will receive the 1% rent decrease in April 2017.
- From April, the average rent will reduce from £84.09 to £83.25 per week.
- The average rent decrease is 84p. • The maximum individual decrease is £1.72.
- The minimum individual decrease is £ 0.54.
We have sent letters to customers to tell them how they will be affected by these changes. For more details about your rent or anything to do with your home, please contact us.