Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Tyneside homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Regeneration schemes
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- Tell us about your area
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Environmental sustainability
- HiLab housing innovation lab
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
Domestic abuse service
At Thirteen, we take all forms of abuse seriously. We're here to support you and can help keep you safe in your home and explore all housing options with you.
How do I access the domestic abuse service?
There are different ways you can access our service, please use the method that best suits you and keeps you safe:
- Through your neighbourhood or scheme coordinator
- Touchpoint teams, either in person or by calling 0300 111 1000
- Email our domestic abuse service Da.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or phone call to our domestic abuse number 07464 655582 (24 hours a day). The service will respond during working hours.
What can I expect?
Our domestic abuse coordinators are here to offer emotional and practical support. They can help you link in with local specialist organisations as well as offer advice and guidance about your tenancy or other issues.
As part of our commitment to all our customers, we will:
- Be discreet in all communication with you, while being sensitive and sympathetic to your needs and situation regardless of race, age, sex, and gender
- Offer you emotional and practical support and advice
- Make you aware of all the organisations that can offer you support, and help you access them
- Listen to you and create a plan that meets your needs
- Work with other organisations to help keep you safe
- Improve the security of your home to help make you feel safe
- Support you with housing and tenancy related issues and explore all housing options available to you
- Pursue action against those who carry out domestic abuse in line with the conditions of our tenancy agreements, only with your consent
You can find out about the experiences of some people who have used Thirteen's domestic abuse services.
Your questions answered
- Will anyone know I have accessed the service?
Our service is completely confidential. Our coordinators can discuss your needs over the phone or meet you in a public place or at a friend or relative’s home. Our aim is to keep you safe and not increase the risk to you.
- Can you help me move to another property?
Many of our customers think that the only option available to them is to move from their home. In some cases, this is necessary, however our coordinators will explain all housing options available to you and will support you throughout the process.
- Is the service for women only?
No, we support all our customers, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, and gender.
- I have rent arrears. Can I still access the service?
Absolutely yes, your safety is more important to us. Through our support, we can link you in with our money advice team who will be able to support you to become financially independent.
- I am a perpetrator of domestic abuse, can you help?
Yes we can. If you're unhappy with your behaviour and want to make changes, you can access our tenancy support service. A coordinator will help you access support with your behaviour as well as organisations that can support you with mental health and drug or alcohol use.
Where else can I access help?
North East organisations
- Harbour: 03000 20 25 25 (24 hours)
- My Sister's Place: 01642 241 864
- Halo: 01642 683 045
- Galop (LGBT): 0800 999 5428
- RESPECT (Perpetrators): 0808 802 4040
- Forced Marriage Unit: 0207 008 0151
- Women's Aid: 0808 200 0247
- Mankind (male victims of domestic abuse): 01823 334 244
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 200 0247
In an emergency, please always call the police on 999 or 101 at any other time.