Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
By law, a qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer must visit rented homes every year to service appliances such as gas boilers and gas fires.
We send letters to our customers with an appointment for an engineer to visit your home and complete the gas safety check free of charge.
The checks are essential as they make sure that the appliances are working properly and they’re safe for you and your family. When it’s complete, we give you a copy of the gas safety certificate so you can be sure that the check has been done.
Benefits of annual gas service for you and your family
A regularly serviced boiler is less likely to break down and leave you with no heating or hot water. If your boiler is serviced every year, it will run more efficiently and you could save money on your energy bills.
Keeping your appointment
It’s important that you keep the appointment in the letter we send you.
Please make sure there’s someone at home on the appointment date so our engineer can carry out the checks.
If your appointment isn’t convenient, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us.
If you own any gas appliance such as a gas cooker, you are responsible for its maintenance. However, during the gas safety check, if our engineer thinks the appliance is unsafe, they might disconnect it.
You can get more information about gas safety and carbon monoxide poisoning on the Gas Safe website.