Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Tyneside homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Regeneration schemes
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- Tell us about your area
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Environmental sustainability
- HiLab housing innovation lab
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
At Thirteen, we're a landlord and housing developer providing homes for rent and sale throughout North East England. We manage 34,000 properties from Northumberland to Yorkshire, with the majority of homes for rent and sale in Teesside.
Thirteen provides customers with homes, support and opportunities to grow.
In July 2017, Erimus Housing, Housing Hartlepool, Tees Valley Housing, Tristar Homes and Thirteen Care and Support joined in partnership to create one strong social purpose business called Thirteen.
Our 1,600 colleagues provide services for more than 70,000 customers across Teesside, the North East and Yorkshire.
Our reason for being is to provide good quality homes and support for those in housing need. We provide support for anyone who needs a little help: help to get on the housing ladder, help to pay the rent, help to keep their home in good repair.
As well as property for rent, we have a track record of providing homes for outright sale, shared ownership and deferred sale. By 2024, we also have plans to build 3,300 new homes, investing over £1bn in improving our services, tenants’ homes and their neighbourhoods.
In 2018, Thirteen Homes acquired Gus Robinson Developments to help deliver high quality homes in the region. In addition to delivering homes for sale, Gus Robinson will also deliver affordable housing schemes and specialist housing projects on behalf of Thirteen.
Environmental, Social and Governance report
Read our Environmental, Social and Governance report here:
- Thirteen completed 64 homes, (62 of which were affordable) in the first quarter of 2021/22 (2021 Q1: 15). 525 homes including 488 affordable are forecast to be delivered by the year-end
- Turnover for the year to-date was £49.5m (2021 Q1: £41.7m)
- Operating surplus for the year to-date was £14.8m (2021 Q1: £11.5m)
- The surplus for the year to date was £11.5m (2021 Q1: £8.1m)
- Thirteen benefits from a very strong liquidity position with sufficient cash and committed debt facilities to cover the next 53 months financing requirement.
Thirteen is performing well operationally and financially so far in 2021/22, achieving an operating surplus of £14.8m against a target of £13.0m.
All VFM metrics are on target or within tolerances, apart from reinvestment percentage and new social housing supply delivered which are both lower than target due to lower development expenditure.
Gearing and EBITDA MRI remain within our Golden Rule parameters, and EBITDA MRI margin is 30.7%.
Thirteen has recently been appointed as a strategic partner to Homes England under the second wave of funding, which will enable us to provide a total of 6,100 homes over the next seven years as part of Thirteen’s strategic plan. During 2021/22 we are forecasting completion of 525 new homes of which 488 (93%) will be affordable homes. We have invested £13.0m so far this year in developing new homes.
The team has already commenced delivery of our initial five-year strategic partnership with Homes England, delivering 1,000 new affordable homes for rent and shared ownership with a £40m funding allocation. As part of this programme, the team have focussed on acquiring sites within the Tees Valley and North Yorkshire. Alongside this, the team continues to deliver on its SOAHP 16-21 obligations, with schemes on-site in Middlesbrough, Darlington and Stockton and further afield in Morpeth and Whitby.
Outside of the Homes England funded programmes, we continue to strengthen our links with national housing developers and are able to deliver affordable homes on larger sites within the area. These links have strengthened our pipeline of development opportunities which continues to grow as we look to explore not only in our core areas in Teesside but further afield too.
Housing fixed assets stand at £1.08bn which has increased from £1.07bn at the start of the year. Outstanding debt is £337.0m and available cash and committed liquidity facilities are £249.6m at the end of the quarter.