Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- Thirteen training
- Letting agent
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- Contact us
This is called grounds maintenance and includes cutting the grass, controlling shrubs and weeds and picking up litter.
To help us do this, we have a regular programme of work which covers:
- grass cutting on land we own outside the boundary of your home
- grass cutting in the areas shared by properties, such as gardens in blocks of flats
- litter picking and controlling fly tipping on the land we own
- hedge, tree and shrub cutting
- weed control in areas shared by properties
- maintaining concreted or tarmac areas.
We own a lot of land on estates so we need to plan when and where we carry out the work throughout the year.
We carry out some of the tasks many times throughout the year, eg regular grass cutting in the summer. We will visit your estate regularly in the growing season from March to October.
How to get involved
If you notice an issue with communal or public grounds near your home, please contact us.
We also discuss our grounds maintenance programme at meetings in your area once every three months. You can find out about your next meeting by contacting your neighbourhood officer.
House garden cuts
As part of your tenancy agreement most customers need to maintain their own garden. But we can provide a garden maintenance service for some customers which usually includes a grass cutting service.
This type of help normally applies to disabled people or customers of pensionable age.
For more details about house garden cuts, speak to your neighbourhood officer or contact us.
Trees and the law
Trees can sometimes create problems between neighbours. There is a range of information and advice available about trees and the law, and we have created a brief document to give customers some more details about trees and the law.pdf.