Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- In your area
- Advice and support
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
- COVID19 Coronavirus update
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Support for ex-offenders
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Wayleaves, Easements, Permits to Work and Adaptations
- Environmental sustainability
- HiLab housing innovation lab
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
To make sure all our homes meet modern living standards, we invest to improve our properties and the areas surrounding them.
Our modernisation and renovation work is an ongoing process. We develop plans to update homes in different neighbourhoods on a regular basis.
The type of investment work we do, and when we do it, depends on a range of issues. This includes how old the property’s fixtures and fittings are, and rules and regulations covering things like heating and electrical wiring.
We work hard to make sure that the homes we manage meet the Government’s Decent Homes Standard by:
- replacing windows and external doors
- replacing and updating kitchens and bathrooms
- modernising heating systems
- upgrading electrical rewiring
- carrying out roof work and guttering work
- improving property boundaries
- upgrade and install fire detection and suppression systems to multi-storey buildings.
Depending on the work we’re doing on your property, you may be able to have a say on the fixtures we fit. You can find out more on the personalising your home page.
You can find out about the investment work planned for your area.
You can also find out what will happen and how you might be affected by the investment work planned for your home.
For more details about our planned investment programme, please contact us.