Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Tyneside homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
We will carry out repairs to your home as quickly as possible but we have to carry out the most urgent repairs first.
Emergency 24hr – Emergency repairs are any defects that put the health, safety or security of tenants or anyone else at immediate risk. Emergencies also include defects that can affect the structure of the building.
Appointable repairs – 28 working days
Planned repairs – 60 working days
If repairs need extra technical or specific advice we will offer you an appointment to carry out an inspection for this.
You can find out how to report a repair to us.
Emergency repairs are any defects that put the health, safety or security of tenants or anyone else at immediate risk. Emergencies also include defects that can affect the structure of the building.
We aim to complete emergency repairs within 24 hours from the time it is reported to us. The timescale can depend on the type of repair needed, but our aim is to complete emergency repairs no later than the day after it’s reported to us.
Examples of emergencies include:
- blocked or leaking main drain or soil pipe
- loss of gas supply
- total loss of cold water supply
- dangerous structures including wall or ceiling collapse
- insecure doors and windows.
Appointable repairs are any repairs that can prevent immediate damage to the property.
We aim to complete appointable repairs within 28 working days of being reported to us. Examples of appointable repairs include:
- blocked gullies, sinks, plumbing leaks
- partial loss of electricity or water
- loose or detached bannister or handrail
- unsafe/leaking roof.
Planned repairs are non-urgent repairs. We aim to complete these within 60 working days.
From time-to-time, we also carry out planned maintenance on our properties. Examples of planned repairs include:
- repairing internal joinery including cupboards, shelving, skirting, bath panels, stairs etc
- cleaning out and/or repairing defects to gutters and rainwater pipes
- dampness problems where there is no obvious sign of rain penetration
- fencing repairs.
You can find out more about our planned maintenance programme.
We would normally give you a repair appointment as soon as you contact us to report the repair. We offer appointments at a range of times, including:
- Full day appointments – between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30am and 4pm on Fridays
- School run - for tenants who need to take their children to school: 10am – 2pm, Monday to Friday
- Afternoon appointment – 12noon to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 12noon to 4pm on Fridays
- Morning appointment - 8.30am to 12.30pm. Demand for morning appointments is high and availability is low. By selecting another appointment time you might be able to get the work completed sooner.
If we receive a lot of emergency repairs, your appointment may have to be changed, but we’ll let you know if this is the case.
Access to your home
It’s important that someone over 18 is at home when we arrive to carry out the repair. Please make sure you keep to the appointment time we arrange so we can carry out the work for you.
We sometimes use contractors to boost the services we provide so the person carrying out the repair might not be a Thirteen member of staff. All our employees and contractors always carry identification so please ask to see it before allowing them into your home.
Report a repair
You can find out how to report a repair in your home.