Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Tyneside homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Regeneration schemes
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
Getting involved with your landlord means you can bring fresh ideas and help us improve services, neighbourhoods and opportunities for Thirteen's customers.
Why get involved with Thirteen?
If you're passionate about your home and your neighbourhood and want to influence decisions made by Thirteen, there are lots of opportunities for you.
You can take part in projects that will fit around your life and we'll always let you know how much of your time is needed. You don’t need any training or skills to be an involved customer.
You can search the available activities that you can get involved with on the consultation events calendar.
You can find out about some of the recent customer engagement activities in our annual reports for customers.
You can also have a look at our BRICKS customer engagement framework.pdf
- Customer engagement newsletter, March 2021.pdf
- Customer engagement video update, February 2021:
- Customer engagement newsletter, December 2020.pdf
- Customer engagement video update November 2020:
Virtual customer open day: Watch our virtual customer open day from October 2020.
- Customer engagement video update - September 2020:
- Customer engagement newsletter - September 2020.pdf
- Customer engagement newsletter - March 2020.pdf
- Customer engagement video update - January 2020:
Customer involvement framework
Find out about Thirteen's customer involvement framework
Thirteen is committed to involve customers to scrutinise services and performance, consult on policies and strategies, and assure compliance with regulatory consumer standards to Thirteen's board and leadership team.
The customer involvement framework provides flexible, adaptable and value for money support to deliver Thirteen's strategic plan objectives and business priorities, and builds on these principles:
- customer involvement is embedded within Thirteen and is an integral part of the organisation's culture and development
- customers are support and trained to participate in activities based on their skills and interests
- customers are at the heart of Thirteen's decision-making
- we provide a range of flexible opportunities for customers to be involved to reach a wider range of customers and engage with hard to reach groups to influence the services they receive
- locality support and community investment that supports tenancy and community sustainability
- maximising and reporting on the effectiveness of customer involvement activities
- ensuring that Thirteen meets regulatory requirements around customer involvement
- developing and maintaining a sense of ownership and responsibility for building safety and regulatory compliance.
Have a look at the customer involvement framework.pdf
You can find out about the chair of the engagement framework.
Thirteen's involved customers
All Thirteen's customers can get involved with us in a range of ways, giving as much time as you like and getting involved in areas you're interested in. For example, you can give feedback services, documents and publications, attend meetings, carry out surveys or be involved in task and finish project groups. You can see more in the video:
We support customers in their involvement with Thirteen by providing:
- facilities and resources
- travel and transport as required
- support from a member of the customer involvement team for all activities.
You can view customer reports for involvement activity.
You can also find out about being involved below:
- Keeping in touch
Thirteen will keep in touch with involved customers in a number of ways.
All involved customers will be invited to an Open Day twice a year to:
- hear about what’s going on in the wider housing sector
- learn from specialists and other organisations
- discover what their colleagues have been involved in
- hear about changes that Thirteen has made as a result of customer involvement.
We will produce a customer involvement update video four times a year which will be shared with Thirteen Board and uploaded to the website, and a newsletter will be distributed to all involved customers.
- Digital involvement
Customers can get involved online, influencing policy and services, regulatory assurance and monitoring performance online, giving feedback to information provided to them by email, and Thirteen’s website or social media.
- Regulatory consumer standards assurance
Customers can get involved in rigorously reviewing the requirements of the consumer standards that apply to Thirteen, and carry out checks and mystery shopping to provide assurance to customers and the Thirteen Board that Thirteen is compliant with the standards.
- Building safety and property compliance
Involved customers living in high risk or complex residential buildings will review recommendations and support the implementation of the building safety standards recommended by the building safety regulator.
- Policy Development
Customers are consulted digitally before any customer-facing policy is sent to Thirteen's board for approval. They will be asked about the content of the policy and whether it's easy to understand. Feedback is reviewed by the author and the policy is amended if necessary, before it's referred to the Board for approval.
We'll provide feedback digitally to customers detailing any changes made to the policy.
- Performance monitoring
Customers will review operational performance information, value for money and complaints to identify any areas of concern. The group will hear what action Thirteen is taking to improve in these areas and gain the group's views and their ideas for improvements.
If the group is concerned about poor performance, they can refer to another customer group to use other involvement tools to carry out a more in-depth review of the service.
This group is responsible for monitoring the implementation of customer involvement action plans and any recommendations resulting from involvement activity.
- Community Fund
The Community Fund is Thirteen’s commitment to adding value to the local area and economy, supporting local initiatives and individuals. We have a panel of customers which reviews applications and allocates funds, ensuring that all conditions of the fund agreement are met, including post-project evaluation.
The Thirteen Academy allows Thirteen's customers to apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of university tuition fees. The Community Fund group reviews the applications, and applicants will deliver a presentation to the group which then reviews the application and allocates funds to successful applicants.
You can find more details about the Community Fund.
- Service improvement
The service improvement group supports the development of services across Thirteen, acting as a consultation panel for proposed changes to services and systems, and seeking the views of other customers when necessary.
The group also undertakes post-project reviews to ensure the objectives have been achieved.
If you're interested in being involved with Thirteen or you'd like more information, please contact the Customer Engagement Team:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 0300 111 1000