Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Letting agent
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
Why get involved with Thirteen?
If you're passionate about your home and your neighbourhood and want to influence decisions made by Thirteen, there are lots of opportunities for you. You can take part in projects that will fit around your home life and we will always let you know how much of your time is needed. You don’t need any training or skills to be an involved customer.
Customer Engagement Framework
Thirteen wants to involve customers to:
- scrutinise our services and performance
- consult on policies and strategies
- help us comply with regulations
Customer Engagement Framework
Our Customer Engagement Framework sets out:
- how customer engagement is embedded as an integral part of Thirteen
- how customers are supported and trained to participate in activities based on interest and skills
- customers are at the heart of decision-making
- a wide range of flexible opportunities for customers to be involved, helping us reach a wide range of customers who will help to influence and shape the services they receive
- support and community investment that supports tenancy and community sustainability
- maximising and reporting on the effectiveness of customer engagement activities
- ensuring we meet regulatory requirements.
Thirteen's involved customers
All Thirteen's customers can get involved with us in a range of ways, giving as much time as you like and getting involved in areas you're interested in. For example, you can give feedback on information provided, attend meetings, carry out surveys or be involved in task and finish project groups.
You can see the projects you can get involved with:
You can also see the range of ways you can be involved below:
- Keeping in touch
All involved customers will be invited to a customer open day twice a year to hear about what’s going on in the housing sector. You can also learn from specialists and other organisations, discover what their colleagues have been involved in and what changes Thirteen has made as a result of customer engagement.
- Digital involvement
Customers can influence Thirteen's policy and strategy, regulatory assurance and monitor performance online. You can give feedback to information we provide via email, Thirteen’s website or social media.
If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can talk to us online. We’re always sharing information about community events, latest news and asking for opinions online, so you can take part in a few clicks at:
- Consumer standards assurance
Customers can review the requirements of the Consumer Standards and undertake reality checks and mystery shopping to provide assurance to customers and the Thirteen Board that Thirteen are compliant with the standards.
- Policy consultation
Customers can be involved in consultation when Thirteen's policies are due for review. This can be done online via email or via a postal survey.
- Customer experience
Surveying customers to provide feedback on the services they have received, to identify and develop improvements to services and help test the impact of new services or schemes.
Customers can also have their say using the customer consultation webpage.
- Performance monitoring
Reviewing operational performance information to understand how Thirteen’s performance compares with other landlords. Research other landlords if they perform better than Thirteen, to understand how they deliver their services and make recommendations to improve performance.
Customers will also monitor the progress of the customer engagement work plan and the implementation of any recommendations resulting from involvement activity.
- Community Fund
The Community Fund is Thirteen’s commitment to adding value to the local area and economy, supporting local initiatives and groups with funding for their projects.
The Community Fund panel reviews applications and allocates funds, ensuring that all conditions of the fund agreement are met. For more information please visit the Community Fund webpage.
- Strategic & service projects
Supporting the development of strategic projects by surveying customers’ views on existing services, being a consultation panel for proposed service developments and involved in the review of the effectiveness of projects.
- In-depth reviews
Undertake reviews of services, surveying customers’ views, researching other organisations’ practices, job shadowing, mystery shopping and reporting findings and recommendations to Thirteen's leadership team and board.
For more information please visit the in-depth reviews webpage.
If you're interested in being involved with Thirteen or you'd like more information, please contact the Customer Engagement Team:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 0300 111 1000