Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- Contact us
There could be a number of reasons why you might want to move home. Your housing needs might have changed or you might have a temporary problem that needs to be fixed.
Whatever your issue, please talk to us. We might be able to help and we’ll do all we can to help you to stay in your home.
Settled communities are great for people. They help you get to know your neighbours and give you a stable base to help you make the most of opportunities in your area. Importantly, staying put also helps you save money by cutting down on moving costs.
Our neighbourhood officers and customer service staff are ready to talk to you if you’re thinking about moving. We can give advice to help you stay in your current home, or tell you about your options such as transferring to another of our homes or swapping your home with another tenant.
If you do end your tenancy, you need to give four weeks’ written notice ending on a Sunday. You should leave your property clean, clear of rubbish and belongings, and your garden should be in good condition.
Your neighbourhood officer will talk to you about this and all of the other arrangement for ending your tenancy when they visit you.