Help to pay the rent

If you’re struggling to pay your rent it’s important that you get help quickly.

When you move into one of our homes you agree to pay your rent every month or week. If you fall behind with your rent or you’re struggling to pay we can offer support to help you manage your money.

Our team of money advice experts can offer help and information about paying rent and can also give you advice about benefits, dealing with debt and other money matters.

You can find out more on the money advice service web pages.

If I don’t pay the rent

If you don’t pay your rent we’ll contact you to talk about the issue and try to agree a solution with you. After this there is a range of things we can do which includes taking action to enforce payment or bringing your tenancy to an end (eviction).

We need to go to court for you to be evicted. If this happens and you then make an agreement to clear your rent arrears, you would need to pay court charges of at least £325 on top of your arrears. To avoid this it’s a good idea to speak to us as soon as possible so we can help with your issues.

More information

For further details on help with paying the rent, please contact us.