Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work.

Universal Credit replaces some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now, including:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.

If you think that you're eligible or if you make a claim for Universal Credit, please contact the Money Advice team immediately.

Help and advice

Thirteen’s team of money advisors can support you with information about Universal Credit. Find out more on our money advice pages and watch a film about how we helped one customer in Hartlepool.

The national Money Advice Service also has a really useful online tool that can give you practical advice based on your own personal circumstances. Simply follow the steps on the Money Advice Service website.

Useful websites

You can also find out more information at:

Email and internet access

You'll need internet access and an email address to apply for UC, and you can easily create an email address by visiting one of:

If you don’t have access to a computer or smartphone at home, you can find your nearest library or kiosk where you can use a computer to get online.