Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- In your area
- Advice and support
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
- COVID19 Coronavirus update
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Support for ex-offenders
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Wayleaves, Easements, Permits to Work and Adaptations
- Environmental sustainability
- HiLab housing innovation lab
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
Thirteen and Together with Tenants
Together with Tenants is a sector-wide initiative by the National Housing Federation which focuses on strengthening the relationship between residents and housing association landlords.
20 Jan 2021
It embodies all the great work happening across the sector to create positive relationships with residents. But it also challenges our sector to go further – presenting an opportunity for housing associations to take a lead in accountability.
Thirteen is proud to be one of 130 early adopter organisations who've been working with residents to develop a four point plan and test out the Together with Tenants Charter.
The Together with Tenants plan has established a four-point plan for change:
- A new requirement in the National Housing Federation Code of Governance for Boards to be accountable to their resident
- A new Together for Tenants charter
- Resident oversight and reporting of progress against the charter
- Giving residents a stronger collective voice with the regulator
Thirteen and other housing associations who've adopted the charter have agreed making the following six commitments:
Treating all residents with respect; however they come into contact with us. Relationships with residents will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information on issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and community, how Thirteen is working to address problems, how we are run, and information about performance on key issues.
Voice and influence
Views from residents will be sought and valued, and we'll use this information to inform decisions. Every resident will feel listened to by Thirteen on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
Collectively, residents will work in partnership with Thirteen to independently scrutinise and hold us to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and the services.
Residents can expect their home to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
When things go wrong
Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. They’ll receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
What we are doing/How we'll hear your voice
Thirteen is committed to involving residents to scrutinise services and performance at all levels, consult on policy and strategy development and provide assurance of compliance with the regulatory consumer standards to the Leadership Team and Board.
- The Involvement Framework has streams of work and an involved customer who leads on that stream, making sure that the work is completed to timescale and customer findings and recommendations are heard at Board level.
- We use various tools and techniques to ensure we gain views from our customer base.
- We have a robust mechanism for feeding customer views to Board, and we are developing a similar process for providing information from the Board to our customers.
- All customer recommendations are monitored by customers until implementation.
Find out more
To find out more or to get involved please drop us an email at email@example.com