Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- In your area
- Advice and support
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
- COVID19 Coronavirus update
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Support for ex-offenders
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Wayleaves, Easements, Permits to Work and Adaptations
- Environmental sustainability
- HiLab housing innovation lab
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
Chinese elders housing
We provide housing for older Chinese people in Middlesbrough and Newcastle.
Our housing schemes for Chinese elders offer a range of specialist facilities, as well as a secure home that is catered towards your needs.
Part-time Chinese speaking caretakers are on hand to maintain the schemes, including repairs and health and safety. Chinese satellite TV is also available throughout the complex.
Support services include:
- warden call service linked to staff on site
- homecall service to quickly respond to medical and maintenance emergencies
- telecare service which uses monitoring equipment to help you live independently for longer.
A Chinese housing scheme could be for you if:
- you’re aged 60 or over - or living with a partner who is age 60 or over - and of Chinese origin with housing needs
- you feel you’d benefit from being around Chinese speaking staff members who can deal with a range of queries
- you’re looking to have your own personal space, as well as be part of a wider community with regular social activity
- you’re focused on finding a property that is accessible and tailored towards your individual needs.
The facilities on offer are similar to those in our other supported living accommodation.
Tai Hua House
Tai Hua House is aimed at people aged 60+ with Chinese elders, who might need support to live independently in their own home. On North Ormesby Road in Middlesbrough, it's a thriving community with lots of activities to reduce isolation and encourage independent living. The scheme offers:
- 14 two-bedroom apartments
- 2 two-bedroom wheelchair accessible apartments
- 4 two-bedroom apartments.
- roof patio.
To discuss available properties or to arrange a visit, please contact us.
Mascot House is a Chinese elders sheltered scheme based near China Town in Newcastle city centre. This scheme offers:
- 31 one and two-bedroom apartments for rent
- all properties benefit from living room, kitchen, bedroom/s, bathroom
- Chinese-speaking manager on-site during office hours to help with housing and tenancy support
- 24/7, 365 emergency response service
- care line alarm system
- laundry area
- Chinese TV channels
- IT room
- communal lounge with kitchen area and access to Chinese TV
- lifts to the upper floors.
Mascot House is aimed at Chinese people aged 60+ who might need support to live independently in their own home. It's a thriving community with lots of activities to reduce isolation and encourage independent living.
The scheme is spread over seven floors with lift access. There is a communal garden room opening up onto the gardens area which benefits from seating and planting. There is a guest room with showering facilities for family and friends to visit and use for a small charge.
This is a gated community with fob access into the rear car park.
The on-site manager offers support with language interpretation, medical appointments, liaison on behalf of residents with local councils and organisations, and interpretation and reading for financial support.
For added security, there is fob access entry to the scheme.
Mascot House is in Newcastle city centre with easy access to local shops, post office and other facilities and good bus routes to other locations around Newcastle.
To discuss available properties or to arrange a visit, contact us or call 0191 222 0627.