Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Letting agent
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
The types of specialist support we provide include:
- Outreach: one-to-one support specifically for you. The team helps anyone at risk of abuse, whether they want to leave their relationship or work to stay together safely.
- Refuge: purpose-built refuge in Newcastle for women and their children. The accommodation offers 14 private flats, each with up to three bedrooms. We help women to plan their futures and focus on developing their confidence and independence.
- High risk victims: specialist service providing independent advice about domestic and sexual violence for victims at high risk of harm.
- Sexual violence: support for people who have experienced sexual violence.
- Accommodation for men: Although we only offer refuge accommodation for women, we can help men who need alternative or emergency accommodation.
- Practical issues: We can help you with housing and legal issues, access to benefits, training, employment, finding schools and childcare, specialist support with drug or alcohol misuse.
You can find out more about all these services on the NIDAS website at: www.newcastleidas.co.uk
How to apply
There is a confidential 24-hour helpline to provide help and support for people experiencing domestic abuse in Newcastle.
For more details, please contact: