Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- About us
- Contact us
The service provides housing for young people aged 16-25 years old in the Middlesbrough area who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Each shared property is fully furnished and has at least two bedrooms. Tenants have their own private bedroom and use of communal living rooms, kitchens and bathrooms.
Staff members offer support for young people and each resident has a dedicated worker who offers support for up to 12 months.
The shared properties service offers:
- support with managing money, budgeting, setting up payment plans and reducing debts
- support to understand their rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- help to find work, training or education
- leisure activities
- registering with health services
- support to build better relationships.
What are the move on options?
The shared properties service works closely with social landlords, local council housing teams and private landlords to offer choice when residents are ready to move on. Support is offered to help people move onto independent living as well as referrals to other community-based services.
How to apply
Applications to shared properties are made through Middlesbrough Council's homeless team.