Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
18 Jun 2019
Over 30 trade operatives, including joiners, gas engineers, electricians and general building operatives have joined Thirteen’s investment and maintenance team since April.
Three of the new gas engineers have joined the team who are working on the Park End estate in Middlesbrough, where over 500 customers are receiving new boilers.
The work, which recently began ahead of schedule will be carried out until Autumn and will also see some customers benefit from new kitchens, bathrooms and much more.
Site agent Mick Wilford who is managing the scheme said: “It’s great to have Neil, Shaun and Scott on the team here. We saw their potential immediately and now they’ve gained permanent employment with Thirteen.
“The scale of the investment work we’re delivering here for our customers will really benefit from having extra team members.”
The work is part of this year’s investment plans, which will involve carrying out £34.1m of internal and external improvements on homes across the Tees Valley. This includes replacing over 215 kitchens and around 80 bathrooms.
Almost 1,640 properties will receive new windows and 680 properties will receive new external doors. The work will help reduce our customer’s fuel bills, with around 1,760 new boilers being installed over the year, making homes more energy efficient and cost effective.
Over the next five years Thirteen has plans to invest over £1billion into improving homes for existing customers, building new homes, making improvements to neighbourhoods and into the support services offered to customers.
You can download a copy of this year’s plans here.