Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Tyneside homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
21 May 2020
We’ve summarised some of the points mentioned in the letter below, and we’ve explained what we’re doing at Thirteen.
You can also read more about what we’re doing for our customers in our Q&A document.
Maintenance and repairs
At Thirteen, keeping our customers, colleagues and communities safe is our priority. We’re currently carrying out a reduced repairs service to ensure our colleagues and customers are safe.
We want to reassure you that we have everything in place to carry out repairs, compliance testing and routine works safely. We’ve worked hard to put additional safety measures in place to protect our colleagues and customers, and we’re following health and safety guidance at all times.
The wellbeing of our colleagues and customers is so important, and during these challenging times we’re continuing to look out for each other.
Our trade operatives have been fully trained in the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and we’re continuing to follow government advice and guidance.
It’s essential that we always practice social distancing, so we’re continuing to remind our customers at all times to remain at least two metres away from our trade operatives and, where possible step into a separate room while we’re in their home.
Gas safety checks
Annual gas safety checks are a legal requirement, so our colleagues are completing these jobs, where it’s safe for us and the customer. If you are shielding or self-isolating, please let us know, and we'll discuss your options with you.
We put our plans on hold, but we’re getting in touch with customers to discuss this, if you we due to receive planned investment work.
Providing a great customer experience remains a priority – and we must keep everyone safe while doing so.
Please watch our short video below, which addresses the safety measures that we've put in place and download our leaflet for more information.
You can read a copy of the government's letter here.