Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
10 Jul 2019
Set in the picturesque village of Sowerby in North Yorkshire, Orchid House perfectly combines luxury retirement living with the peace of mind of optional care available on-site if a customer’s needs change in the future.
During each open afternoon, visitors can enjoy:
· Tours of an elegant show apartment at 1pm, 1.30pm, 2pm, and 2.30pm
· FREE cream tea for two on the terrace or in the on-site bistro
· Stalls showcasing the range of activities at Orchid House
· Q & As with existing customers
· Sampling some of Orchid House’s social activities including hanging basket making, music, crafts and carpet bowls
Orchid House offers beautiful 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. A limited number are currently available for rent, with stylish and thoughtful design to suit all needs and access requirements. The scheme boasts communal social areas, communal landscaped gardens and an on-site bistro for freshly-prepared, delicious meals.
Anyone that appreciates peace and quiet will love relaxing in the safe and secure environment of their own luxury apartment. Customers that enjoy socialising can join in a wide range of activities at Orchid House, some of which will be showcased during the open afternoons.
Thirteen takes security and the health and wellbeing of customers very seriously and each apartment features secure, lockable doors and windows with the assurance of CCTV around the site, with a secure door entry system. Bespoke 24/7 care packages are available if customers find that their needs change over time.
Who can live at Orchid House?
Anyone over 55 and currently living within the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, or with strong family connections to the area, can enjoy the benefits of life at Orchid House.
To secure a luxury retirement home, please join Thirteen at one of the open afternoons. Those who cannot attend can call Orchid House on 01845 523581 to book a tour of the elegant show apartment and facilities at a later date.
Orchid House is situated on Acacia Drive in Sowerby, near Thirsk. The postcode for satnav is YO7 1GT.