Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
The Spring Greens project is an initiative focussing on improving the environment and building pride in local communities across the Tees Valley.
The initiative was launched at Portrack shopping parade, Stockton with Thirteen’s Ground Maintenance Team sprucing up four large planters with a display of colourful flowers.
Thirteen’s Customer Involvement Team worked with the local community to get their ideas about the works they would like to see carried out in their area and they identified the local shopping parade as the first to be transformed as part of the scheme.
David Pickard, director of operations at Thirteen, said: “The launch of the Spring Greens initiative in Portrack is the first of many small environmental projects that Thirteen will be delivering across the Tees Valley to bring some extra colour and vibrancy to community spaces.
“The first project in Portrack was a relatively small one, but sometimes it is the little changes that can make a big difference in our neighbourhoods.
"It is hoped that the works carried out by Thirteen and the local communities will have an impact on residents and visitors for years to come.”
More projects will take place shortly at:
- Stockton area – Parkside/Bickersteth Walk, Ewbank Gardens/Laburnum Court/Magnolia Court, High Grange Community Garden, and Doncaster Crescent Community Garden;
- Middlesbrough – Trinity Methodist Church, Stephenson House, Newly Court and Jupiter Court
- Hartlepool – Burbank Court sheltered scheme; and
- Darlington – Danby Court.