Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Sunderland homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- Estate walkabouts
- Neighbourhood drop in sessions
- About your tenancy
- Patch Newsletters
- Regeneration schemes
- Neighbourhood plans
- Contents insurance
- Fire safety
- Advice and support
- Talk to Us
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Thirteen training
- Domestic abuse support
- Strategy, vision and values
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
14 Oct 2019
Colleagues in Thirteen’s neighbourhoods and facilities teams are working on a major clean sweep initiative until the end of November to help keep neighbourhoods clean and tidy. Staff will also be visiting customers at home to find out about any issues they may have.
It is hoped that this pro-active approach will help to identify any problems sooner and ultimately provide a better service for customers.
The project kicks off with the first visits and clean sweep in the Ragworth area of Stockton on 15 October and runs through till 27 November when staff will be focusing on Middlesbrough’s Coulby Newham.
This series of clean sweeps follows on from the success of similar activity that began last year. Work will include a blitz on communal areas and green spaces, litter picking, road sweeping and path cleaning, grass cutting and hedge trimming, all with the focus on improving the local environment for residents and helping to build pride in our communities.
Thirteen is also calling for customers and other residents to spare a few hours of their time to help with the work.
As well as cleaning up the communal grounds, colleagues will be weeding, grass-cutting, getting rid of fly tipping and graffiti, and making minor repairs on estates.
Thirteen will have customer service staff on-hand to immediately deal with queries from customers about their homes or estate, as well as repair operatives to deal with any minor problems on customer homes on the day.
Director of neighbourhoods at Thirteen, Kay Glew, said: “Customers have been telling us that keeping their neighbourhoods clean and tidy was one of their priorities, so we decided to focus time and resources on a good blitz in a number of areas.
“We’ll be rolling up our sleeves and working hard to help improve the estates and it would be really brilliant if customers and other residents got involved to lend a hand, because after all, the more people that get involved, the more we can do together.
“We’ll also be taking the opportunity to visit customers at home to see if they’re ok and happy in their home. It’s a good time to run an initiative like this as we can help to get our estates ready, and customers can tell us about any issues they have, ahead of the winter months. I’m really hoping that lots of people get involved over the next six weeks and that we see a real difference in our communities.”
If anyone would like to get involved with activities in their area or find details about where and when work is taking place, they should contact their local neighbourhood co-ordinator on 0300 111 1000 or visit the website at www.thirteengroup.co.uk/CleanSweep
The schedule for the clean sweep visits includes:
Week commencing 14 October
- Ragworth in Stockton: Tuesday 15 October
- Longfellow in Hartlepool: Thursday 17 October
Week commencing 21 October
- Norton Grange in Stockton: Tuesday 22 October
- Central Estate in Hartlepool: Thursday 24 October
- Priestfields in Middlesbrough: Friday 25 October
Week commencing 11 November
- Eldon and Teesdale in Stockton: Tuesday 12 November
- Longlands in Middlesbrough: Wednesday 13 November
- West View in Hartlepool: Thursday 14 November
Week commencing 18 November
- Roseworth north in Stockton: Tuesday 19 November
- Burbank in Hartlepool: Thursday 21 November
Week commencing 25 November
- Raby Gardens in Hartlepool: Tuesday 26 November
- Coulby Newham in Middlesbrough: Wednesday 27 November.