Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Shops to let
Homes in development
- Darlington homes in development
- Durham homes in development
- Hartlepool homes in development
- Middlesbrough homes in development
- Newcastle homes in development
- Northumberland homes in development
- North Yorkshire homes in development
- Redcar and Cleveland homes in development
- Stockton homes in development
- Developments recently completed
- Open house event
- Private landlord homes
- Self service website
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Advice and support
- Get involved
Services for all
- Supported living
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for ex-offenders
- Domestic abuse support
- Support for tenants
- Employment support
- Homelessness support
- About us
- Contact us
Sheltered housing focuses on freedom and flexibility, offering a home of your own and support facilities if and when you need them.
On-site support officers are available to assist with housing management, co-ordinating repairs, allocating apartments, responding to general queries and maintaining the health and safety of the building.
Care facilities on offer include:
- warden call service linked to staff on site
- homecall service to quickly respond to medical and maintenance emergencies
- telecare service which uses monitoring equipment to help you live independently for longer.
Sheltered housing could be for you if:
- you’re aged 55 or over - or living with a partner age 55 or over - and require support with daily tasks (60+ for schemes in Hartlepool)
- you’re interested in maintaining a space of your own with security and added support if you need it
- you’re focused on finding a property that is accessible and tailored towards your individual needs.
You can find more about the facilities on offer at the supported living page.
We have accommodation available across the North East and you can get more details about the available extra care properties.
You can also get more details about the shared ownership and owner occupier properties for older people.