Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- My Thirteen site
- Paying rent and charges
- Home repairs and maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- My neighbourhood co-ordinator
- Planned maintenance
- About your tenancy
- Building safety
- Contents insurance
- CityFibre broadband
- In your area
- Advice and support
- Get involved
- Leaseholders and shared ownership
- COVID19 Coronavirus update
Services for all
Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Extra care
- Sheltered accomodation
- Extra care and sheltered schemes
- Complex needs housing
- Home adaptations and re-housing
- Personal alarm service
Care and support
- Support for young people
- Support for families
- Support for tenants
- Homelessness support
- Employment support
- Domestic abuse support
- Mental health support
- Support for ex-offenders
- Housing for vulnerable and older people
- Strategy, vision and values
- Investor relations
- How we are performing
- Our policies
- Wayleaves, Easements, Permits to Work and Adaptations
- Environmental sustainability
- HiLab housing innovation lab
- Social investment and sustainability
- Board directors
- Leadership team
- One billion pound investment
- Contact us
Our extra care properties offer safe and secure housing for the over-55s in apartments and bungalows across North East England.
We also have some extra care homes for people with learning disabilities, working age people with physical disabilities, and people with dementia.
Experienced and professional staff are available 24 hours a day to assist with daily tasks, respond to emergencies and provide a friendly and supportive environment.
This also includes a home call service which is available to quickly respond to medical and maintenance emergencies, as well as the ability to implement any care packages that customers need.
Schemes provide a modern, accessible living space with many benefitting from communal areas including hairdressers, lounges and restaurants.
Extra care could be for you if:
- you're aged 55 or over - or living with a partner who is aged 55 or over - and require support with daily tasks
- you're referred to us by a local authority
- you’re interested in having your own space with care and support facilities available
- you’re focused on finding a property that caters for your individual needs.
We have accommodation available across the North East and you can find details about our extra care properties.
You can also get information about owner-occupied and shared ownership properties for older people.
For more details about services for older people and people with disabilities, please contact us.